[texhax] Where to find courses in LaTeX?

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Oct 28 02:47:11 CET 2009

On  27 Oct, 2009, at 08:33, Tomek Koszylko wrote:

> I’m not sure if I am writing to the correct recipient, but I am
> trying to find a course in using LaTeX; specifically to create
> statistics-heavy presentations (tables, graphs, data plots, some
> equations).

Besides the two books Alan recommended, which are my constant
references in my work, and the excellent TUG India tutorials, I would
advice you first to take a look at lshort.pdf here:

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

and then, for what I understand of your needs, Dr. Nicola Talbot's
amazing datatool package (which, I must confess, I haven't used yet);
see datatool.pdf:

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/datatool/

It uses internally another LaTeX package, which I use constantly:
TikZ; see examples of it here:

http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/

LaTeX learning curve is steep, but, no doubt, worthwhile.

Best,

Axel