[texhax] convert beamer's PDF to HTML thumbnails

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:34:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> That equation looks like a combination of text with only the \sqrt{g} being
> actually in math mode. What happens if you use \frac{1}{\sqrt{g}} and put
> the whole thing in math environment. I think there is an htlatex option that
> forces all equations to be made into graphics which would stop that partial
> equation being in text.

I could not find any relevant notes. Except Eitan wrote that by
default inlinemath is html (if possible) and displaymath is png

I did few other experiments few years ago

http://weyl.math.toronto.edu/Experimental2   (htlatex + Slidy + jsMath)

http://weyl.math.toronto.edu/Experimental2 (tex4ht+Slidy+MathML; so
one needs a MathML capable browser)

I do not think that html & Co is at this moment adequate for long
mathematical texts. Short abstract may be another matter

Victor