[texhax] [tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 17:18:05 CEST 2009

Joseph Wright wrote:
>>     rsync -r --delete --exclude=2008 --exc
>> lude=mactex* rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/ h:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror
>>
>> whereupon I am told :
>>
>>     The source and destination cannot both be remote.
>> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at
>> /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-
>> 1/src/rsync-3.0.4/main.c(1136) [receiver=3.0.4]
>>
>> The error message is invariant with the direction of slashes
>> in "h:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror"

Okay, I tried this with rsync linked against Cygwin, and got the same
result. I think the issue is the ":" specifying the drive, as it *does*
work if I do:

rsync -r --delete --exclude=2008 --exclude=mactex*
rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/ /temp/texlive

However, that doesn't go from C:\, but from the current directory. I
guess this is a rsync think: not really related to TeX Live at all.

(I should add that I've had no issues on Windows just downloading the
installer via http then letting it "do its thing".)
--
Joseph Wright