[texhax] Thesis layout regulations

Dorothy Jammins dorothy.jammins at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 01:08:20 CEST 2009

Well I am not in the UK, but here in the US most institutions still want doublespacing. The reason is that (IIRC) proquest wants them that way and because they no longer print them but store them only electronically. As a result there is no pressure to save paper (not that there ever was). I've included some of the exceptions I know of below.

Princeton allows singlespace but not doublesided:
http://www.princeton.edu/~mudd/thesis/DissertationRequirements.pdf

UTexas allows onehalf and doublespacing but no singlespacing:
http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/pdn/pdf/dissformat.pdf

USF allows single, onehalf and doublespace:
http://www.grad.usf.edu/inc/linked-files/etd-booklet/handbook_step1_May2005.pdf

Georgia Tech allows onehalf for certain fonts:
http://www.gradadmiss.gatech.edu/thesis/ThesisManual-March2007.pdf

Btw I have yet to hear of a university that accepted a doublesided dissertation.

Regards

d.