[texhax] Thesis layout regulations

Adrian F. Clark alien at essex.ac.uk
Fri May 29 20:48:16 CEST 2009

A little off-topic but I hope people don't mind.

I've just taken a close look at my university's regs and it appears that
we still require students to submit their MSc or PhD theses
double-spaced and single-sided.  I was wondering if more enlightened
institutions have progressed to the stage where students can submit
single-spaced and double-sided.

If you have regs that are less wasteful (especially if you're at a UK
institution), could you drop me an email saying so?  I'll use it as
evidence to help drag us towards the 21st century -- and maybe save some
trees -- and update the LaTeX style that many of our students use.

Many thanks in advance.

..Adrian
--
Dr Adrian F Clark             WEB: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~alien/
EMAIL: alien/at/essex.ac.uk   TEL: +44 1206 872432  FAX: +44 1206 872900