[texhax] White text on black background?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun May 24 22:02:45 CEST 2009

On 24 May 2009 Pierre MacKay wrote:

 > My well-thumbed 1994 copy of Tom Rokicki's DVIPS manual Dvips: A
 > DVI-to-PostScript Translator (for version 5.58c) gives an example
 > of highlighted text on page 9 that could easily be modified for
 > white-on-black.

Similarly, one could use the pdftex primitive \pdfliteral to insert
PDF code when using pdftex.  I personally think that PostScript is
much easier to use than PDF, but the basic concept is the same.

A probably much more convenient way is to use the miniltx package in
order to use the LaTeX graphics package in plain TeX.  I never tried
myself.  From the catalogue:

 | Part of the plain TeX graphics collection which allows the use of
 | LaTeX's graphics, colour, and picture mode commands in plain TeX
 | based formats.
 |
 | The author is David Carlisle.

Regards,
  Reinhard