[texhax] adding different amounts of dots for formatting

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Thu May 7 10:51:04 CEST 2009

Quoting Jeremy C. Reed (reed at reedmedia.net):
> \begin{longtable}[b]{ p{2.2in} p{2.2in} p{1.3in} }
> \raggedleft{foo}& bar \dotfill & baz \\
> \end{longtable}
>
> Now a new question ... why doesn't the [b] for bottom work for me? I have
> long lines that wrap within their table cells so I want the next lines to
> match up -- so if they all were forced to the bottom vertical alignment
> bottom of the row then it would line up.

The [b] you introduced does not align the cells of the table, but the table
in whole. What you probably want is to replace the last p{1.3in} by
b{1.3in} (this needs the array package). It creates a cell like the p{}
cells, but vertically fixed to the bottom of its cell.

(Untested this time, but even if it is not correct, the hint to check the
array package for such column definitions should lead you to the correct
one in case I fumbled.)

Hope that helps,

	Susan