[texhax] FYI: CTAN Announcements via Twitterfeed

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Fri Mar 20 13:12:22 CET 2009

Axel E. Retif schrieb:

>> So you can now follow CTAN annoucements on Identi.ca and on Twitter:
>>
>> http://identi.ca/ctanannounce
>> http://twitter.com/CTAN_announce
>
> Thank you very much! I've already subscribed to identi.ca as an RSS
> feed in Apple's Mail. Very handy!

I'm glad you like it. But if you are interested in an RSS feed rather
than following the feed via microblogging I think you'd better use the
original RSS from the Mail Archive or from Gmane because it's much more
reliable than the RSS feeds microblogging services provide...

http://www.mail-archive.com/ctan-ann@dante.de/maillist.xml

That's the feed that goes into the twitterfeed.

BTW, I prefer Identi.ca to Twitter because the former is a free service
and all notives there are published under CC-by license while Twitter is
a proprietary service.

Jürgen.