[texhax] LaTeX : Section opening recto, verso blank

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Mar 16 11:03:19 CET 2009

Uwe Lück wrote:

> As a "counterpart" to the final summary below, I start with my own
> summary, may be better than those dialogs spanning screens:
>
> 1. My earlier suggestion \titlceclass{\section}{page} was wrong, due to
> my misunderstanding of `counterpart', obsolete. I recommend Phil's
> original \titleclass{\section}{top} instead.
>
> 2. If the additional \null that I suggested earlier really generates
> empty pages no. 1 etc., replace it by \ifnum\value{page}>1\null\fi or so

Fine, thank you Uwe.  This does indeed produce results
far closer to my needs than any previous version, and
I will now look to see if I can get Sections (and Subsections,
which I had not previously mentioned, but which too are
of class "top") to open verso when appropriate, whilst
ensuring that Chapters continue to open recto as before.

The reference to \value was also very useful; I was
unaware of its existence.

** Phil.