[texhax] Transparency or reduced saturation using Graphicx ?

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 8 21:33:50 CET 2009

Stephan Hennig wrote:

> In case Philip has full control over the path shapes, the usual approach
> to avoid "unfill" operations for drawing cut-outs is outlined in, e.g.,
> <URL:http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb28-1/tb88henderson.pdf>,
> section 4.2.

Thank you, Stephan.  I am afraid that we do not have
that level of control; these analytical outlines were
generated a long time ago, using Corel Trace V3, and
it will probably be simpler to go back to the original
scans and to avoid the vectorisation that we /thought/
would result in better reproduction at the time ...

** Phil.