[texhax] automatic dependency generation for pdflatex

Bob Rossi bob at brasko.net
Sat Mar 7 21:03:27 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate latex into my build system. I use autotools,
along with make. I can't figure out how to have latex automatically
generate the dependencies. The closest I have found is this,
  http://www.ams.org/tex/snapshot.html
the only problem with it is, it gives relative filenames, not absolute.

Shouldn't latex provide this feature? Any user using a build system to
build latex would require this functionality. I've found a dozen people
asking the same question over the years. Any thoughts on how I can solve
this problem?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi