[texhax] Transparency or reduced saturation using Graphicx ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Mar 6 23:27:46 CET 2009

Stephan Hennig wrote:

> Perhaps the transparent package from the oberdiek bundle works:
>
> \usepackage{transparent}
> \texttransparent{0.2}{\includegraphics[...]{...}}

This is very nice; my sincere thanks, both to Stephan (for
the lead) and to Heiko (for the hard work behind it).
A quick test suggests I need

	\transparent

rather than

	\texttransparent

and that I need to set and restore the transparency state
just before and just after typesetting the box containing
the graphic, but that apart, it worked like a dream once
I realised that it was a two-pass approach, and that a
change would not be visible until two successive runs
with the same parameters.

Philip TAYLOR