[texhax] \binom

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 14:50:08 CET 2009

Yannis Haralambous wrote:
> Part of my job is to process papers for a well-known Mathematical
> Society, and I'm talking of several thousand pages per year.
>
> In this context, personalized macros are a FELONY, a HEADACHE, a CURSE...

[snip]

> 2) secondly, their names will often conflict with other commands I need
> (and we don't have namespaces yet in LaTeX), and the effects will
> sometimes be very subtle (this is also a bit mea culpa since I will
> rather use \def than \newcommand)

In the context of some discussions about how LaTeX3 might provide some
kind of namespace protection, I wonder what you think would be useful.
It's easy to make suggestions, but I'd be interested to know how people
who have to deal with documents arriving from varied sources see this.
--
Joseph Wright