[texhax] some questions

P. R. Stanley prstanley at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 1 18:42:59 CET 2009

I think that's what lies at the heart of my question. I am first and
foremost interested in the semantics as denoted by the various font
attributes. Of course, it would help also to have some perspective of
the physical attributes  as well.
Paul

difference among \text* and \math* is a question of meaning, not
layout. Let me copy a piece o text from The LaTeX Companion (sec 7.4
on p. 347):