[texhax] typesetting a critical text edition [parallel]

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Jun 20 21:55:03 CEST 2009

It seems to me an excellent solution. I wish I implemented it in my
recent two critical editions... (Instead I was combining the source
code fromt two latex files into one single .tex file with a very
simple perl script... which means typsetting the whole document at
least ten times for every single page break... months of sitting in
front of the computer...)

Does anyone know of a terminal utility for Mac that splits pdfs into
single pages and then recombines the files again to a single
document? This way typestting synoptical critical  editions with
ednotes would become really an enjoyable task!

Dr. Sergei Mariev
Akademischer Rat a. Z.
Institut für Byzantinistik der
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München