[texhax] Thesis layout regulations

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 18:52:36 CEST 2009

If you are reading material with the task of marking it
then double spaced, single sided, allows for comments.

I believe single sided is preferred for prepress machine processing
(copying, printing) to avoid recto/verso misalignment.
So this applies if your thesis is likely to be bound/published
at some later date.

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dorothy Jammins <dorothy.jammins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Why is singlesided printing used?
>

> I think I read once an article that basically said that it is/was believed that singlesided, doublespaced, left-justified material is easier on the eyes/allows faster reading.
>
> In my opinion it was probably a matter of convenience followed by academic inertia.

Use the source