[texhax] Landscape mode in Omega /Lambda with lscape package

swami at math.mun.ca swami at math.mun.ca
Wed Jan 7 18:28:52 CET 2009

Loadng the package "lscape", with
\usepackage{lscape}, and typing
\begin{landscape}
some  text in Unicode
\end{landscape}
does not place the text in landscape mode in that page.
Only the  page and the page numbering get placed in landsacape
and the actual Text is still in portrait mode.  I guess this has something
to do with'"odvips", since the same problem occurs with an ordinary English
text via  the route     lambda --> odvips --> ps2pdf.
Do I have to use any  flag with the "odvips" command to force landscape
mode? Any help in placing text in landscape mode for processing with
Omega/Lambda/Alpha will be appreciated.