[texhax] Inserting Graphics in LaTex Documents

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Sun Feb 22 19:13:23 CET 2009

> Philip G. Ratcliffe wrote:
>
> > The directory slashes in the \graphicspath statement need to be
> > *foward* slashes (/).
>
> I hate to suggest this might be wrong, but if it were
> the case, should there not be diagnostics for
> "Unrecognised control word \Documents", etc ?
>
> Philip TAYLOR

You're partially right Phil and I was a little too quick in answering.

The correct form for the \graphicspath statement is:

\graphicspath{{c:/dira/subdira}{c:/dirb/subdirb}}

That is, each path must be separately enclosed in another pair of braces
(explained in the manual).

Moreover, and a litlle more obviously perhaps, the statement should come
*before* the \includegraphics command that calls a file on the path so
defined.

However, the forward slashes *are* necessary; the very next error message
would have been something like:

Runaway argument?
{{C:\TeX \pigrotexmf \images \}} \end {center} \caption {Plot of the \ETC.
! Paragraph ended before \graphicspath was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par

Cheers, Phil