[texhax] Results of TeX Users Group election

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Sun Feb 8 18:03:26 CET 2009

The nomination period for the positions of TUG President and TUG
Board members has passed. I have received the following information
from Robin Laakso, Executive Director of TUG.

President

Karl Berry was nominated for President. As there were no other
nominees, he is duly elected and will serve for another two years.

Board of Directors

The following individuals were nominated for the Board of Directors:

Jonathan Fine
Steve Grathwohl
Jim Hefferon
Klaus Hoeppner
Steve Peter
David Walden

As there were fewer nominations than open positions, all the nominees
are duly elected to a four-year term.

Terms for President and Members of the Board of Directors will begin
with the Annual Meeting at the University of Notre Dame.
Congratulations to all.

Dick Koch, Martha Kummerer and Arthur Ogawa have decided to step down
at the end of their terms.  On behalf of the Board, I wish to thank them
for their service, and for their continued participation through July.

The background information provided in support of the candidates will
be posted shortly on the TUG web site.

Barbara Beeton
for the Elections Committee