[texhax] biblatex and tex4ht

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Aug 15 20:08:24 CEST 2009

On 15-Aug-09, at 4:58 AM, Christoph Haug wrote:

> hi (esp. to Radhakrishnan and Karl),
>
> if I understood Karl Berry's message (17 Jul 2009) correctly, he and
> Radhakrishnan are taking over the maintenance of tex4ht? This is great
> news! Thank you, guys!

Welcome.

> Karl's and Radhakrishnan's recent postings regarging biblatex helped
> me a lot and I'm looking forward to the release that will fix the
> problem.

Glad to hear that the fix helped you.

> Here is another issue that bugs me in using biblatex and tex4ht
> together:
>
> I always get the following error on \printbibliography (if I don't
> include a bibliography, everything works fine):
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> ... \c at refsection -\bib at field@entrykey

The same kind of error, I made a quick fix for the same.

[...]

> a second issue is that I am getting an extra space after the first
> paranthesis in author-year styles, i.e. Author ( 2009). I also found
> some irrelavent spaces after a quotations mark ("). It's not a big
> issue since it can easily be fixed manually with seach&replace, but it
> might be worth fixing it sometime anyway. - Or maybe I am doing
> something wrong? I think, also this can be reproduced if you change
> the test-files mentioned above to an authoryear-style and use
> \parentcite or \citet or so.

Fixed.

[...]

> Finally, I was confused that some of the files from the latest tex4ht
> bugfix-version (http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/fix/tex4ht-1.0.2009_06_11_1038.tar.gz
> )
> are actually older than the ones in the latest MikTeX-package. Maybe
> this is due to the packaging? Or are the files in the MiKTeX pakages a
> different tex4ht edition altogether?

I don't think so. MikTeX developers should have generated all the
packages afresh from the literate sources provided by Eitan, which
would insert the date of generation as the package date.

I have copied a bug fixed version to:

   http://tug.org/~cvr/biblatex.4ht

which you may try. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan CV

Most people don't need a great deal of love
nearly so much as they need a steady supply.