[texhax] installing....

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat Aug 8 03:02:56 CEST 2009

Hi All, I've been looking for a way to simplify my latex and
package installs.  I've been using various packages from the
pkgsrc package manager but I think it's really not optimal for
latex plus packages.

Have been looking at TexLive but not able to get it working
on netbsd.  I understand that binaries are not available for
netbsd, but I assumed TexLive provided a means to compile required
programs. Does texlive support bootstraping the environment when
it is necessary to compile the programs?

Or, maybe I need to compile a suite before I can use the TexLive
manager? I'm not seeing TexLive dependancies though. What do I
need in place before I can use TexLive?

George