[texhax] Making URLs live (fwd)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Aug 3 10:49:32 CEST 2009

Am Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:54:41 -0400 (EDT) schrieb Michael Barr:

> After a private exchange with Lars Madsen over my question, in which he
> asked me to post a minimal example, here it is.
>
> I am using Miktex, v. 2.7 on a Win XP machine, using whatever version of
> dvipdfm that came with that installation (from a TeX-Live DVD).

> A minimal example:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{html}

> As I said, running the dvipdfm produced many error messages.  Here is a small
> sample:

html.sty is loading hyperref, and with latex hyperref use the
dvips-driver as a default:

*hyperref using default driver hdvips*

This is naturally the wrong driver for dvipdfm(x). I don't think
that html has an option to pass another option to hyperref, but you
can simply load hyperref before:

\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
\usepackage{html}

--