[texhax] Obtaining Metafont and Metapost

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 22 17:01:41 CEST 2009

Dear Dr Thornton -- Are you sure you don't already have them ?
On my system, with a full install from TeX Live 2008, I can
run the following (amongst others, of course) :

> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>tex
> This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (Web2C 7.5.7)
> **\end
> No pages of output.
> Transcript written on texput.log.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>mf
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.718281 (Web2C 7.5.7)
> **\end
> Transcript written on mfput.log.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Chaa006>mpost
> This is MetaPost, Version 1.005 (Web2C 7.5.7)
> **\end
> Transcript written on mpout.log.

Philip TAYLOR
--------