[texhax] PDF Conversion

Heaton, Harold I. Hal.Heaton at jhuapl.edu
Mon Sep 15 17:42:11 CEST 2008

  I've downloaded MiKTEX v. 2.7 from one of the CTAN mirror sites, and
successfully used it with the American Astronomical Society's AASTEX
v5.2 macro to create a typeset draft of a new journal article.  I can
successfully build and then print the file to my local laser printer
without incident.  However, I can not save a copy of the built .dvi
file.  The only menu option for saving that file is "print" it to my
computer as a .pdf file.  I would be very happy with that option, but it
doesn't work.  I originally got a Metatext resolution error that my IT
group has been trying to resolve without success.  (There is no formal
support at my institution for TEX.)

  Can you offer any suggestions as to how to successfully save (i.e.,
"print") such files in .pdf format?

Regards,
Hal Heaton