[texhax] pdflatex for figures

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Sep 15 02:41:08 CEST 2008

At 10:59 11.09.08, Martin Heller wrote:
>mahi skrev:
>
> > I might not be very clear, but I basically want to convert for example a
> > TeX to a PDF output without disturbing the figures, is there any way to
> > skip a figures while compiling using pdflatex like
> > (latex + dvi + dvips + pdf(acrobat distiller)) ?

Certainly there is, redefine the \includegraphics... to insert nothing
but an invisible vertical rule being as high as the figure would be ...
but sorry, I can't afford doing this right now, better somebody with
daily practice with including graphics might do it.

>pdflatex does not change included figures. Can you make a figure
>and a minimal sample document showing the error available online?

I have an example of a .tex -> .pdf "skipping" an "embedded"
(I thought) .eps, contrary to my intention. I kind of remember
that this is a known problem, yet I can't afford ...
I mean, the place filled by the figure in YAP is nothing but empty
space in the .pdf.

Sorry ...

     Uwe.