[texhax] TOC problems

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Thu Oct 16 05:41:25 CEST 2008

Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> writes:

> On the last page of my table of contents LaTeX seems to ignore
> the bottom margin and it all runs off the bottom of the page.
>
> I'm using tocloft class to try and improve the look but not
> having much fun.

Reeeeely stupid bug in tocloft's \l at part, which makes a
local setting of \everypar

    \global\@nobreaktrue
    \everypar{\global\@nobreakfalse\everypar{}}

immediately followed by \endgroup (to erase the setting).
The effect is that any "part" entry in the TOC prevents
page breaks in the rest of the TOC.   The \endgroup should
be moved up to before \if at cfthaschapter.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca