[texhax] Tex and MacOS X 10.2.8

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Nov 11 17:03:53 CET 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 9:23 AM, Al Middleditch wrote:

> I would like to install Latex and Texshop on a Power mac G3 under
> MacOS X 10.2.8.  After much web browsing, it seems that Tex Live via
> MacTex is what I need, but the web pages specifythe need for MacOS X
> 10.3 and later.  Much web searching has failed to find an answer.  I
> would appreciate a few pointers.  Thanks in advance

You'll want to use an older setup which has been deprecated.

Go to:

http://ii2.sourceforge.net/

and review.

Note especially:
> i-Installer or i-Package Foo does not work on 10.2 and older!
> Correct. Mac OS X 10.2 and older versions are not supported. Mac OS
> X 10.1 and older are not supported at all and no i-Installer version
> will run on them. For Mac OS X 10.2 you can download a volume of
> 357MB which contains a snapshot of i-Installer.app and all my i-
> Packages from Jan 24, 2006. All of these should install and work on
> Mac OS X 10.2. However, there have been so few users actually
> running 10.2 lately that this is not guaranteed.

Download:
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/II2-Jaguar-Complete.dmg

and install that.

If at all possible, you really should upgrade (says the guy whose
wife's PowerBook is still on 10.2.8).

William

--
William Adams