[texhax] Error with apacite in figure caption bug?

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Mar 26 06:29:01 CET 2008

Hi,

Sorry for the cross postings but I am having a frustrating time with a
persistent error with citations in captions in figure and table
environments.

The input is more or less the same in each case:...

  \caption{Work System Lifecycle: \emph{Source, adapted from~
\citeauthor{Alter2002a}, \citeyearNP[p.~95]{Alter2002a}}.}
\label{fig:WorkSystemLifecycle}

... and each returns an error as below:

! Illegal parameter number in definition of \reserved at a.
<to be read again>
                    }
l.101 ... \emph{Source~\cite[p.~93]{Alter2002a}}.}

\label{fig:WorkSystemFram...

Any clues as to what I may be doing wrong or is this a bug?

I am using TeXLive 2007 so if there is a newer version of apacite...

Cheers
Alan
--
Alan Litchfield MBus(Hons), MNZCS