[texhax] TeXnic configuration

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 23:56:42 CET 2008

Ulf,

> Gentlemen,
>
> Thanks very much for your efforts to teach an ignorant swede how to
> install
> LaTex.

Everybody, absolutely everybody, has been an ignorant in (La)TeX
matters at one time or another.

> However, now I´ve found what I really was looking for, a
> math-handling program, fully integrated with Microsoft Word. As you
> surely
> understand I´m talking about Aurora. Against all odds, this program
> works
> perfectly also in my hands and on my computer and will probably
> cover all my
> needs.

Well ---TeX (and LaTeX and ConTeXt) is about more than math
typesetting ---it's about the best typesetting system in general, not
surpassed even today by professional typesetting applications as
InDesign and QuarkXPress.

You could try also TeX-based applications as LyX:

http://www.lyx.org/ or TeXmacs:

http://www.texmacs.org/

Also, there are commercial products, as Publicon:

http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/index.html

or the more expensive Scientific Word/Workplace:

http://www.mackichan.com/

> Thanks again. Perhaps I will find a reason to torment you with further
> LaTex-related questions in the future. Watch out!

Not a torment at all!

Best,

Axel