[texhax] reference to complete bibtex-listing

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jun 6 16:15:25 CEST 2008

> i have some problem in latex and i hope that you can help me.
> I want to make reference with \ref{} to my complete
> bibtex-bibliogrpahy-chapter. because the chapter is created
> automatically from bibtex i cant use \label{} and then
> reference to the label. please dont udnerstand me worng: i
> dont want to reference to one element of the
> bibliography-chater. i know that this works with \cite. i
> want to reference to the whole chapter and i dont know how
> can i do it. thanks for you help forward.

This is a little tricky.

All I can come up with in the 2 minutes I have spare is this:

In the bst you're using look for the line that includes the preamble.  In
abbrv.bst it is

FUNCTION {begin.bib}
{ preamble$ empty$
    'skip$
    { preamble$ write$ newline$ }
  if$
  "\begin{thebibliography}{"  longest.label  * "}" * write$ newline$
}

change the ordering to have

FUNCTION {begin.bib}
{ "\begin{thebibliography}{"  longest.label  * "}" * write$ newline$
  preamble$ empty$
    'skip$
    { preamble$ write$ newline$ }
  if$
}

Save the bst file calling it something different and then put something like

@Preamble{"\label{sec:bibliography}"}

In your bib file.  It *should* work ;-)

Cheers,  Phil