[texhax] steady decline in tug membership ?

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jan 31 08:43:04 CET 2008

Well, [no name provided] this is a forum that you are posting to. It
just so happens that it uses an email client to display postings
rather than a web browser. It is run by volunteers and is the product
of an initiative that no doubt was started by one person's idea. In
fact most activities in the TeX community are voluntary and no one is
required to respond to any posting or question and indeed the
community is run at cost to the individuals concerned so that you have
some thing to complain about.

In the adult community, when one observes that there is a useful
feature that may make life easier and if one has the time and
facilities to action it, then a person may provide such services and
perhaps make them available to the wider community. However most
people who answer questions on this forum (and for that there are
large numbers who are grateful) are also living a life and working to
support that life. It may be that the idea has been considered but
that the person/people had not the time or facilities to see it into
fruition. Clearly you believe there is a need for this kind of
interface so why don't you start the wiki or the forum and join in the
spirit you say you crave to be part of? In other words, what are you
offering in return for your demands?

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield GradDipBus, MBus(Hons), CTT, MNZCS
AlphaByte