[texhax] Basic plain TeX question (undefined control sequence errors)

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 00:07:40 CEST 2008

Hi Kemal,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 07:40:11PM +0200, Kemal Akman wrote:
>   \titlepage
>   \pagewidth
>   \pageheight
>   \killpt
>   \tenpoint
>
> I could not find anything in the documents, and commands
> like \titlepage should be in the tex standard classes

There's no such thing as "TeX standard classes", there's just a single
macro file plain.tex.  You can see for yourself that it doesn't define
any of the above macros.

> so what am I missing and how to correct this error?

You have to find the additional macro file(s) your document is using.
Look for \input <filename> command in the document and check the file
<filename> (and do this recursively).  It's also possible that a
generated format is used, but in that case you'd not be calling TeX as
"tex" but as some other command (like "latex") or with additional
command line arguments.

HTH,
Oleg