[texhax] Q: how to generate PS font from MF input?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:55:22 CEST 2008

I have an old file (from 1994) that originally used a home-grown metafont
font, for which I have the source.

Now that I'm trying to render the output as PDF with pdftex. So I think
that means that I have to have the font available as a Type 1 font. I've
googled around, and it appears that metapost is the right program to use
for this task, but I can't find any explanation of how exactly to use it to
create a PS version of the font. Does anyone have a pointer to a detailed
example of how to do this?

  Doc