[texhax] Still struggling with Vista

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 5 23:57:02 CEST 2007

Readers of my recent posts will know I am stuggling to get TeX working
properly under Vista.  I have given up on TeXLive2007 and have installed
MikTeX.  It seems to run properly except that yap runs with the message:
X Not all fonts could be loaded.  See 'File->Document Properties', for
details.  There is an OK box and a Help box.  I cannot find any file
called Document Properties.  If you click on help you get a screen that
says:

1. Fonts

This page lists all loaded.
If a font could not be
loaded then it appears
as >>> Not loadable
- double-click to
see details.  You will
get a detailed problem
description, when you
double-click the entry.

It is not evident what should be double clicked.  It is not evident
whether this is  a message from the OS or from Yap.  I tried
double-clicking everything in sight.  The missing fonts (pzc) are there
and the file seems to display properly except for them.  Another font
(eufk) is loaded after that since it appears later.  The font is correctly
pointed to by lsr, so I am at a loss.  The same file can be viewed
perfectly well on my older computer under XP.  The copy of MikTeX was
copied verbatim to the new computer.  Can anyone tell me the meaning of
the message and where to look to get that detailed description?

Michael Barr