[texhax] Hyphenation in the age of web names

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Tue Oct 30 18:02:33 CET 2007

I'm typesetting a book about the JavaScript library script.aculo.us.
As you might imagine, the name occurs frequently, often at the end of
the line, but TeX won't hyphenate it. I can't suggest anything to TeX
globally via \hyphenation, since the name contains periods. Are there
any known work-arounds to this? I would hate to have to enter \- by
hand hundreds of times. (No, I can't change the name, and I'm not the
author of the book, so I can't reduce the number of times it is
mentioned.)

Thanks!
Steve