[texhax] Stopping hyphens in table of contents and headings

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 05:42:47 CEST 2007

On 23 Oct 2007 06:31:17 -0700
Donald Arseneau <asnd at triumf.ca> wrote:

> Suzanna Laycock <s.k.laycock at sheffield.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > \hyphenpenalty=10000
>
> NO!!!!!

Yikes! I did that too and I'm sure it's caused some weird side effects.

You mention Memoir class in your other post. This looks like a beautiful
book class which I intended to use, but it seemed to clash with some other
packages that are vital to my text like "algorithm" and some other code
listing packages. I didn't understand enough LaTeX to resolve these problems.
Do you think it's possible to fix those issues and upgrade to Memoir at
some later point? (Not a massive priority for me at the moment).

Thanks,

Andy

--
Use the source