[texhax] all purpose main tex file

Loeghmon T. Nejad loeghmon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:20:55 CEST 2007

I like to setup a 'main' tex file composed of  'input' and 'include'
s, as much as possible, such that for a book or an article I simply
call the corresponding preamble and 'include' files, instead of having
two distinct files such as 'main-book.tex' or 'main-article.tex'. Is
this a good idea and does it really streamline compiling and properly
laying out the output files, and file management in general? Do you
have a template to share, or offer specific guidelines for achieving
this objective? Thank you all.

--
Regards,