[texhax] Found one more character I need...

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Oct 4 01:53:59 CEST 2007

On  3 Oct, 2007, at 11:02, Stanislaw Romanski wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> I have to stress, the polish-specific characters are NOT the
> accented Latin
> characters;
> these ARE different characters (nothing to do with accents) - even
> if some
> of them look like accented.
> And polish typographs usually get furious (do you remember Jacko?)
> when
> someone tries to typeset polish texts using combinations of latin
> characters
> with accents, slashes and something instead of  "ogonek" (whatsit
> below 'a'
> or 'e').

Then, for Susan or anyone else needing to typeset documents with
extended Latin or non-Latin characters, XeTeX-XeLaTeX is really a
very good option:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=xetex

As long as you have a font (Postscript, TrueType or OpenType) with
those characters in your system, you can use it for your TeX
documents. And XeTeX is part of the TeXLive normal distribution, so
chances are Susan already has it.

The mailing list is very helpful: