[texhax] chess fonts using TeX, MiKTeX, and WinEdt,

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu May 31 22:39:37 CEST 2007

At 23:16 30.05.07, Les Servi wrote:
>I want to find some chess fonts that will permit me to
>publish chess position (ie with the board and the
>pieces on them).
>
>I am not a very sophisticated MiKTeX or WinEdt user
>and do not use LaTeX.
>
>Does anyone know of Chess font package targeted toward
>TeX (and not LaTex) then is easily installable and let
>me use MiKTeX through WinEdt (and can walk me through
>the process)?

In

     http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/chess/

the subdirectories except bdfchess may help you,
especially chess, enpassant, and skak. Perhaps even chessfss,
since there is a Plain TeX version of the New Font Selection Scheme.
The MiKTeX package chess and perhaps chessfss as well may provide
the fonts and macros.

     http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/chesstools/

contains to ZIPs whose content I don't know.

I found this by entering "chess" at

     http://tug.ctan.org/search.html

My own use of MiKTeX is experimental, and I never have worked with WinEdt.

Good luck,

   Uwe.