[texhax] Verbatims suitable for books

Karsten Heymann karsten.heymann at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:40:15 CET 2007

Hi James,

2007/3/17, James Smith <sf at aleph-one.com>:
> up until now I've been satisfied with the default typewriter font for
> verbatims but now I'm typesetting a whole book and want something
> better. I'm unsure of how to configure LaTeX to use a different font
> anyway, and I'm not sure of which fonts I can use as alternatives, or
> the licensing or copyright issues involved. This will be for a published
> book, remember. Can anyone advise?

See http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/typewriterfonts.html for a list of
typewriter fonts available for TeX. If you don't want
typewriter/monospaced fonts for your verbatim text, you can switch to
the listings package, which even defaults to the normal text font for
listings (although printed monospaced, which in my eyes looks rather
ugly).

Yours,
Karsten