[texhax] Whither access to PK fonts?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 13 01:15:41 CEST 2007

Hi Rex,

I am sure that PK fonts can still work with MiKTeX, even if
documentation is lacking.  All the support is still there in the basic
drivers like dvips, and there are still fonts available only as mf.
(For commercial "upgraded" TeX's, no idea.)

As for what paths and such, I've never used MiKTeX.  However, in TeX
Live, it's the PKFONTS path/environment variable, and I bet it is the
same in MiKTeX.  And the current directory is searched by default.
Nothing has changed in relation to this stuff for decades ...

Maybe if you post the actual command you're running and error you're
getting, more clues would be possible.  Or maybe writing to the miktex
list.

Hope it helps,
Karl