[texhax] dviout

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 7 15:45:17 CEST 2007

I just installed TeXLive 2007 on a new computer.  It took me forever to
discover that the previewer was dviout instead of yap.  All the
documentation comes in html files which will not load on my browser
(Mozilla, I just get a few headers and pages of ?).  When I tried to use
IE, it wanted to load Japanese fonts.  If it is going to be in Kanji, I am
not interested.  The user interface appears to be awful (there seems to be
no key that just scrolls through the file).  Is there any usable
documentation for dviout?  Or can I just install yap?

Michael Barr