[texhax] How to install TeXcollection 2005 onto a Sun Solaris Ultra 20 work station running on a 64 bit AMD cpu

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Jan 31 18:44:11 CET 2007

2007/1/30, Dave Bone <DBone at milgram.com>:
> Currently I just purchased a Sun Ultra 20 workstation AMD flavor running
> Sun's Solaris 10 Oper. Sys.
>
> I am trying to get my TeX ported over to it from my TeX Collection 2005 DVD
> but I'm stymied as the profile of supported systems does not appear to
> support the above --- Sun yes on Sparc .

There are also binaries for i386-solaris, do these work?

> Previous 2002 CD described a "build-your-own" from source approach. I don't
> see it on 2005. I'm new to Unix but learning fast and am willing to try out
> any suggestions.

The sources are in source/source.tar.bz2

> Should I wait for 2007 live?

It will not have binaries for x86_64-solaris, either. But you could
get the lastest testing image from ftp://ftp.tug.org/texlive/Images/;
it has binaries for i386-solaris. And we always welcome new
plattforms. :-)

Best
   Martin