[texhax] Q: howto put image in heading?

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Fri Feb 23 19:01:01 CET 2007

Just to answer Philip Taylor:

\section{%
  The man who started it all:
  \protect\includegraphics[height=2ex]{C:/TeX/texmf/doc/latex/pst-pdf/knuth}
  (Donald Knuth)
}

works a just a treat (in pdfLaTeX because it's a jpeg).

> > \end{document}
> >
> > Is this what you want?
>
> I don't think so. It looks like you thought I meant section
> headings, but I
> meant page headings.
>
> (Yeah, I find it confusing too; I would have thought that the
> things that
> appear on each page were "headers", but the "A Guide to
> LaTeX" book calls
> them "headings" rather than "headers", so I assumed in my
> posting that that
> was the standard LaTeX terminology. Maybe it's just peculiar
> to that book.
> The word "header" doesn't even appear in the index.)
>
> I apologise for the confusion.

Ok, the principle is the same, assuming that you do atually know how to put
something in the page header ;-)

If you don't, a simple answer is this:

\pagestyle{myheadings}
\markright{%
  The man who started it all:
  \protect\includegraphics[height=2ex]{C:/TeX/texmf/doc/latex/pst-pdf/knuth}
  (Donald Knuth)
}

or to use something like the "fancyhdr" package:

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\rhead{%
  The man who started it all:
  \protect\includegraphics[height=2ex]{C:/TeX/texmf/doc/latex/pst-pdf/knuth}
  (Donald Knuth)
}

Cheers,  Phil