[texhax] Converting ascii text files to LaTeX

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:15:09 CET 2007

Would it not be simple and sufficient just to add something like

\document class{article}
\begin{document}

at  the start of the text file  and

\end{document}

at  the end of the  file.  If you wish to duplicate  the text layout exactly
then you might consider using a verbatim environment.

Regards

John

On 11/02/07, cga <gavron at optonline.net> wrote:

> I have a few text files that I would like to convert to LaTeX.
>
> Is there any tool that does this..?
>
> A google search appears to indicate that txt2tex adds minimal TeX
> formatting to a plain text file, which is precisely what I need, but so
> far I haven't been able to locate a debian package that provides this
> utility.
>
> I tried a large number of programs available on my system that convert
> the text files to html, pdf, ps, dvi, dvi, etc. then and use another
> utility to convert the intervening format to LaTeX but so far I haven't
> gotten anywhere.
>
> Has anyone done this before who might be able to recommend a simple
> solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> cga

John C Frain