[texhax] Converting ascii text files to LaTeX

cga gavron at optonline.net
Sun Feb 11 22:07:28 CET 2007

I have a few text files that I would like to convert to LaTeX.

Is there any tool that does this..?

A google search appears to indicate that txt2tex adds minimal TeX
formatting to a plain text file, which is precisely what I need, but so
far I haven't been able to locate a debian package that provides this
utility.

I tried a large number of programs available on my system that convert
the text files to html, pdf, ps, dvi, dvi, etc. then and use another
utility to convert the intervening format to LaTeX but so far I haven't
gotten anywhere.

Has anyone done this before who might be able to recommend a simple
solution?

Thanks,

cga