[texhax] PNAS style

Loeghmon T. Nejad loeghmon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 18:32:06 CET 2007

Do you know whether TexLive 2006 has been released yet? Thanks.

Barbara:

> did you wipe out existing .aux files before
> rerunning?  that guarantees a clean slate.

Yes I had been doing that as part of a script

>     I did get the condensed form [1-3], but it has brackets.
>
>     I got the same result with
>
>     \DeclareOption{natbib}{%
>       \PassOptionsToPackage{numbers,sort&compress,round}{natbib}}
>
>     So it didn't work.
>
> it may still not work, but worth trying.

The problem turned out to be similar to the .aux file - I was using an
old pnas.sty.  The direct call works now from inside pnas.sty!
That is, pnas.sty contains (besides comments):

\renewcommand\@biblabel[1]{#1.}
\usepackage[numbers,sort&compress,round]{natbib}

and that does the job.  Sorry for the confusion but thanks for the
help.

> i noticed that a new version of natbib was
> announced for ctan this morning, by the way.
> cheers. -- bb

Thanks, I switched to that.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)