[texhax] algotithmic

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Feb 5 00:15:42 CET 2007

At 23:24 02.02.07, taskin sen wrote:
>hi, i try to write algoritm enclosed by a box but i can not. the sample
>code is given below:
>\begin{algorithmic}
>\FOR {$EACH$ $Performance$} \STATE...............
>\end{algorithmic}
>
>how can i create a box around of a algorithm?

In case a real expert won't answer soon, a few hints:

1. Have you considered LaTeX documentation on
\fbox and \framebox? Well, a few difficulties
with this approach come to my mind. I think
I know how to deal with them, yet I don't want
to expand on this before it turns out that you
can't help yourself.

2. Or visit

     http://tug.ctan.org/search.html

and enter "framed" in the third field (`"Catalogue").
You then get a list of packages that may help you.

3. I don't understand what you are doing within
your environment (i.e.: from where do you have \FOR
etc., and what do the Dollar symbols mean).
However, you should know about packages for
code listings. Perhaps you learn to know them
by entering "listing" instead of the above.

HTH indeed -- Uwe.