[texhax] Help with pgf

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI ekalin at laposte.net
Thu Aug 30 22:54:06 CEST 2007

anne Vanhoest wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone here who knows how to install pgf?
>
> I get the following message when I run pdflatex on a simple tex file that
> contains the line \usepackage{tikz}.

> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/xkeyval/xkeyval.tex))
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/pgf-1.01/generic/pgf/frontendlayer/tikz.code.tex
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.658 \pgfsetsnakesegmenttransformation
>                                        {\pgf at snake@mirror\pgf at snake@raise}
> ?
>

> Is the tikz.code.tex file in my package corrupted?
> I downloaded the pgf-1.01 this evening from source forge I believe.
Well, this version (1.01) is somewhat old. I'd recommend getting the
latest version (1.18). Could be the cause of the problem. And even if
not, many things have changed and there are some nice new features.

--
"Morality is one thing.  Ratings are everything."
		-- A Network 23 executive on "Max Headroom"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin at gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb