[texhax] Tabular, cline and column spacing

Ignacy Gawedzki texhax at qult.net
Wed Aug 1 21:08:48 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:08:39PM +0200, thus spake Philip G. Ratcliffe:
> Quick and nasty (note the doubled && - a fake column):
>
>   \begin{tabular}{|c|c@{\qquad}|c@{\qquad}c|}
>     \cline{2-2}
>     a & b && c
>   \end{tabular}

Yeah ok.  Thanks.

> I don't understand what you mean by it doesn't work for >{\qquad} with
> column type p{}, ...

I mean that if you put a p{...} instead of a c in the third column and a
>{\qquad} instead of the second @{\qquad}, then it does not add a \qquad space
to between the line and the content, as the stuff inside a >{...} goes at the
beginning inside the parbox, not before it.

--
Sex on TV doesn't hurt....unless you fall off.